Monday, July 28, 2008

Living sacrifice

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. --Rom. 12:1-2

Romans 12:1 ang topic ni Kuya Paul kahapon sa service. Iyak ako ng iyak not because I needed to give up my life as a sacrifice. I’m crying because nahihiya ako kay God. In the Old testament pag nag-offer sila ng sacrifice it’s an act of worship ng Israelites kay God. They offer their first fruits, the best lamb, unblemished, the best produce or the best ng kung anong meron sila. I’m crying kasi I’m asking the Lord to take my offering, that’s the only one I have….though it’s not pleasing, it’s not holy. I’m offering my life… myself! My life na messy, walang makitang holiness, wala man lang bahid ng Christlikeness…nakakahiya, pero wala naman akong ibang mao-offer God eh! I imagine myself dun sa altar….kung saan lahat ng kasabay ko, they’re offering the best, they’re whole life fully committed to God to His cause. Eh ako! Ano na nga ba ang makikitang something for God sa buhay ko? Ngalngal talaga ako, sa kahihiyan! And yet, God is so merciful, whatever is there in the altar, He consumed all of it for Himself and exchange that ng kanyang GLORY! The one thing I wanted for my life….God’s glory!!!! Di ko man makita ngayon at di ko man matanggap na maari syang mangyari sa buhay ko, naniniwala ako, mabuti si God sakin kaya mararanasan ko ang Glory na yan at makikita sya sa buhay ko….BALANG ARAW =)

Ako, 28 July 2008

2 comments:

Marya said...

From Tiny:
nabasa ko ang blag mo. at nag masasabi ko lang e mas maganda ang offer mo kesa sa offer ng iba. halerr...kasama kaya dun sa offer mo e ang bad (pati ang trophy natin), basketball, mga kaibigan mo na sangkatutak!
im sure God is very pleased with your offering. :D

Marya said...

hi maan,


i read your blog and was touched (promise, totoo). would you allow me to comment?


i think you're being too hard on yourself. sabi nga sa desiderata e "never compare yourself with others; there will always be greater and lesser persons than yourself." it may be that you have set too high a standard for yourself. you may not know it but you have touched other people's lives without you knowing it.


also i know that God knows that you are "holy" in your own special way. it may not be through the ministry that you would want it to be but hey, it's the one that works! (but i'm not saying that you drop the ministry, okay?)


i'm not the most faithful/religious person in the world (and would never claim the title), but if ever you need someone to talk to, just let me know.


cheers and God bless.


icoy