Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Cinderella Story

One dream came true for me, I’ve always wanted to watch a stage play or musical in a big venue such as CCP and it happened last 20 August 2008. It’s even much more than my dream come true because the play starred no less than Lea Salonga. WOW! Going to CCP and watching Cinderella made me feel that I’m creating my own Cinderella story. Yes I can afford the lowest ticket for the musical but it’s out of my budget and priority, so I really can’t watch it if I have to pay for it. But like Cinderella’s fairy god mother one boss from our office made this dream possible for me. Thank you Liz! So thankful indeed.

In the lobby, I’m excited, I go around, I watched people around me, most of them look like Chinese and rich, kids going around in their Cinderella gowns. I went to the booth that sold souvenirs and even bought one glass slipper, cinderella’s glass slipper for 200 pesos to add to my keychain collections. Time went slowly, how come it doesn’t happen when you desperately want to stop the time? Then we queued for the balcony area to find our seats. Seating there in the balcony, I felt like “OMG! Is this really happening? Am I really here? WOW!” You wouldn’t believe that I’m feeling like this cause we were seated so very far from the stage, good thing I bought this carton i-max, so the tiny thing in the stage can be a little bigger. Well it’s my first time so even the location wouldn’t make me feel down and besides we had that seat for 1030 pesos already. Yeah! That much! And from there I can see this…..

And then ……

♪ A lovely night, a lovely night, a finer night you'll know you'll never see. ♪

the music begun ….

Now I’m dreaming of going to the ball, entering a palace, dancing with a prince…..I love their costumes, the dance, the set, the lights, the music of course

♪ The Prince is giving a ball.
The Prince is giving a ball. ♪

Poor Cinderella, like her, I can’t go to the ball, I can’t even go near the palace…what to wear? how to go there?….I’m just….

♪ I'm as mild and as meek as a mouseWhen I hear a command I obey.But I know of a spot in my house where no one can stand in my way.In my own little corner in my own little chairI can be whatever I want to be. ♪

But you know as I am watching Lea that night ....

♪ And because these daft and dewey eyed dopes keep building up impossible hopes impossible things are happening every day. ♪

Fairy Godmother: Now! You are ready for the ball. But there is one thing you must remember. You must leave before the stroke of midnight, for the magic will last no longer.

Cinderella: : I will remember. Oh fairy godmother how wonderful it all is!!

And who knows….next time I’m gonna be dancing with a prince inside the palace or in the palace garden chatting with him and him telling me ….

♪ Ten minutes ago, I saw you I looked up when you came through the door my head started reeling you gave me the feeling the room had no ceiling or floor. Ten minutes ago, I met you, and we murmured our how do you dos I wanted to ring out the bells and fling out my arms and sing out the news. I have found her, she's an angel, with the dust of the stars in her eyes. We are dancing, we are flying, and she's taking me back to the skies! In the arms of my love, I'm flying, over mountain and meadow and glen. And I like it so well that for all I can tell I may never come down again. I may never come down to earth again. ♪

Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…then I would sing back….

♪ I have found him, he's the light of the stars in my eyes.In the arms of my love, I'm flying over mountain and meadow and glen.And I like it so well that for all I can tell I may never come down again. ♪

I’m blogging this night so that I will forever remember this lovely night ….

♪ ....A lovely night, a lovely night, a finer night you'll know you'll never see. You meet your prince, a charming prince as charming as a prince will ever be. The stars in the hazy heaven tremble above you while he is whispering darling I love you. You say goodbye, away you fly but on your lips you'll keep a kiss all your life you'll dream of this lovely, lovely night. ♪

Then you know the ending…they lived happily ever after.

As for me, I went home happy =) not even wondering if I love the show because it’s beautiful or is it beautiful because I love it…..

Prince: ♪ Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you? Cinderella: Am I making believe I see in you a man too perfect to be really true?Do I want you because you're wonderful, or are you wonderful because I want you?

Both: Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream or are you really as wonderful as you seem?♪

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mary!!! I am happy that you dream became true!!! I love Musical and for me the dream became true two time: 1) two years ago when i have seen a Cirque du Soleil'show call "Alegria" (do you know it?) and 2) this year in june when i have seen the musical "Cats"...i can understan you!!!