Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Uncertain

This is the word I got by listening to the BOT Chair’s report. And it is defined as the lack of certainty, a state of having limited knowledge where it is impossible to exactly describe existing state or future outcome, more than one possible outcome.

This is my state right now! I am uncertain! About work, ministry, about life in general. Just this morning, Dr. Tuong (my boss), asked me what’s my future plan? I told him I don’t have plans (I used to be a planner but I stopped doing that for the longest time). He was concern because my appointment will end in August and he said he’s finding ways to keep me but he cannot promise. I wanted to tell him not to bother about that, I just want my appointment to end anyway. Yeah! I don’t have plan, I want my life to be different, to be spontaneous. Though uncertain, I’m looking forward to every possibility this uncertainty will bring…It’s an adventure, a real adventure. It’s coming out of the box, but as a friend put it, we have to know the dimensions of the box so that we know when we are already out of it. I want change, I want a time off, away from the usual…people I’m so used having around (some are already changing anyway), my place right now has been my comfort zone, so comfortable that it has become too familiar already and has become boring. Even the things that I’m doing, I don’t like it anymore. I don’t know what I need exactly. Where I want to go? But I so desperately need something new. That’s one thing sure….everything else is UNCERTAIN!

Ako, 19 April 2010

2 comments:

janice said...

i can oh so relate =D now, Mr. Uncertain is becoming an ally, a friend ;D

Marya said...

from my officemate =)
Emma: nice...
palagay ko what you need is a time off muna dito sa kind of work that you've been doing
sa environment... i think sa lahat lahat na may kinalaman sa irri
para makapag-decide ka kung ano talaga gusto mo

but i envy you... the way you think and the way you take things, very cool and not worrying a bit