I like the commercial with the tag line….Age! it’s just a number. Yeah! I’m old already, I’m everybody’s “ATE” now and soon would be everybody’s “TITA”. But just like the commercial, my age! it’s really just a number. I don’t really feel old not that I’m denying it, it’s just that really, it’s just a number. And today I found this poem that best describe that stage that I am into and the reason why I don’t feel old. Thanks to Dr. Bernardo’s book entitled “The Silent Voice of Your Soul”. So let me share to you the poem
Arresting the Dying Light
The young pursues the distant light
races to the sun, and turns not around
to be held back by his own shadow
He seeks the unknown, loves excitements
and dwells in the house of tomorrow
fashioned in his daylight dreams.
You, the old, live in your house of yesteryears
you look not into the sun
But turn your back to watch with regrets
your lengthening shadow
You were young once with your own dreams
dreams you realized yesterday
or dreams that have faded away
Now wrinkles are on your face
and the silver light of years
have settled upon your hair
And your thoughts wander
on what your life could have been….
Yet, you the old, need not turn
your back to the sinking sun
nor simply watch the fading lights
If the young is bravely sailing
through uncharted waters of tomorrow
You can do the same and sail bravely
to the paradise island of your dreams.
The energy of the Sun and the power of the Wind divine
are not solely for the young
Stand up and raise your hand-fashioned sail
and brave the deep blue sea
your old keen eyes can see
Defy the years, and let not wrinkles
be written in your heart and spirit
Draw upon the wisdom of the years
and heed the longings of your soul.
You are as old as your boredom and sorrows
but as young as your labors of love and joys
You are as old as your indifference and apathy
but as young as your love and caring
You are as old as your uncertainties and fears
but as young as your decisiveness and courage
You are as old as your regretful memories
but as young as your exciting dreams
You are as old as your lack of daring
but as young as your venturesome spirit.
Rise, rise, rise
and arrest the dying light
Constantly visit the temple of the young
and explore and learn
Be unmindful of the passing time
love and care
dream and dare
even as years go on
And you shall reap the rewards of youthful life
till the end of your time….
I think I’ll be forever young….
Ako, 10 May 2010 (after voting =))
No comments:
Post a Comment