Friday, May 28, 2010

My Women

After watching “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2” and picking this line “how to become ourselves without loosing each other” I thought of writing this entry. I’m relating it to my very own relationship with friends, of my women friends in particular. But unlike my entry of “Men close to my heart” I won’t be naming everybody here nor do a one by one account coz that would take me a lifetime, CHOS!!! Here it goes =)

During my formative years I have a lot of childhood friends but there are these two girls I would mention we call ourselves “MaryGraZel” for Mary (me), Grace and Liezel. We went to the same school from elementary to high school. Actually Liezel and I went to the same college while Grace went on to another to pursue her dreams of becoming a nurse. Liezel went ahead into family life while Grace and I remained just us, happy and single. We became what each of us wanted to be or still pursuing what life has for each of us, Grace is in fact so far away now that she’s in Saudi Arabia but distance won’t keep us from being friends. We’re still there for each other’s big events, down moments, bliss and all sorts this life brings. Then when I went to college I met 14 multi-faceted diamond friends, we named our group “Tropa Katorse or 14-K”. We went to the same school, same course, and block section for a year then friends all our college days and beyond. Fourteen different women, with different personalities intertwined, clasped and clashed depending on our moods. We don’t see each other as often as when we were in college but we connect through the net and from time to time we gather together. We share family problems, that’s how deeply rooted we are, from knowing our parents through siblings and now that most of us have a family of their own, husbands and kids are also an extended family of each one. Then in my adult life I have the privileged of being friends with wonderful women. My sisters in IRRI, “the Babols”, gang mate in IRRI whom I share moments about work and play. They are my traveling buddies, party companion, women whom we share professional dreams and life talk. My “Cebu girls” my kakulitan, adventure companion and even talks about changing the lives of sector we picked for that moment, like making a specific territory for robbers, asking them to pay SSS for their retirement, making lives better for each one. We also travel together and even have troubles and get out of it together hehe. My “DMI angels”, all my Ates and friends whom I look up to. Covering me in prayers, these are women who see me through the eyes of Jesus, giving me unconditional love. The Waterist, all my bosses, secretaries, colleague, SA’s, all the women I came to worked with in Water Science. They are the big factor for my growth as an employee and as a person. And of course the women in my family, all my Aunties, Tiyas, cousins, nieces, my sister and sisters in law and my ever loving Mamsie. They are through thick and thin until the end of time the women who will be with me ‘till my heart stops beating. All these women are a big contributor to what I am right now….I’m glad that no matter how far I go (or they go), distance won’t matter. No matter how each of us achieved something in life, one thing remained and will always remain “WE’RE FRIENDS” CONNECTED and I love them all =).

Ako, 25 May 2010

11 comments:

Dee said...

This is really touching. I am humbled. And honored to have become one of your "women." We may have petty quarrels and misunderstandings at times. And I may have "toyo" once in a while. But know that I care for you and you are special to me. Take care always, my wicked sister!

Sheila Mae said...

Awwwww...im really blessed to have known you. your article has made me realize the value of girl friends. men may leave us behind but girl friends stick to each other forever!!! through petty quarrels and what have yous. ;)
time or distance doesn't matter as long as we are there for each other in one way or another. (((huuuugsss)))

Marya said...

Dear Mary,

So inspiring... How another woman perceives things and choose to share them with others. I have yet to learn the art of sharing my thoughts... Thank you... This is very encouraging...

Donna

ShElle said...

heyheyhey! hehe, actually napanood ko din tong movie na sinasabi mo and I like that movie too. I'm so happy and proud that we became friends and one of the women in your life. Very nice blog.
mmmmwah! miss you and god bless always!

May said...

i didn't get to watch the part 2 of the movie but i so liked the part 1.

i find your artik very funny and bitin..hehhe..coz i think there are so much more to tell about women friends and women bonding..hehe..but i did enjoy it so much too..!

continue writing artiks that inspire and touch! ;)

Joann Glorioso said...

kahit d ako mentioned in the blog.. hehehe.. u told me naman i'm part of it.. magcomment na din akesh.. ü

yes, and in each person we are able to share different things and a unique need is met .. as a whole, they complete us ü not all people are able to acknowledge this and being one makes us feel blessed, so blessed! :D

Joann Glorioso said...

btw, nice one mer! ..again ü Kudos!

ruvicyn said...

You know what Mary, I would like to think that God brought us together at this point in our lives. We complement each other. I am happy and grateful that I'm one of the women in your life. I love you Mary.

Marya said...

from my Ate Graki =)

read your blog, yes indeed Mary, time and distance cannot separate knitted hearts:) love you!

ruvicyn said...

Read this from twitter:
True friend shows who we are, who we were, and who we've become.

Aileen Alvaran-Maunahan said...

:-)