Though I don’t have special someone I have the privilege of knowing really nice guys who have been part of me and will always hold a special place in my heart.
My Water Science Kuyas…
Kuya Al, he’s the cool computer man I look up, IDOL, never seen him panicking even if I deleted the whole database. I became “PARDS” to his friend Tito Nes of GIS when he left, and I kinda liked it coz some aspect of him was transferred to me.
Kuya Rem, one of my bosses during my SA years. He is really the Kuya, he’ll tell you things straight but with grace so as not to hurt the relationship. I always recall his reason for not courting a girl during his early years “wala akong pan-date, baon ko nga di pa kasya sakin manliligaw pa, eh magbibigay ka ng regalo at mag-di-date pag may nililigawan” so he didn’t court until he is able.
Kuyang Ruben, fondly called as Kuyang. He’s straight-forward, kinda mataray but sweet at the same time. When I want honest answer and opinion I’ll go to him, coz he can shoot things straight in my face and I can’t recall if there’s any instances that I get offended with his harsh remark. Well that’s probably why I like him that way coz I can “KERI” his katarayan. We used to end our email exchanges when he’s abroad studying with “Kisses” or “Love lots”.
Kuya Roms, my KuRoms. He used to be so cool and comfortable to talk to. I miss my KuRoms, he’s not like that now but I’m praying he’ll be back soon. He’s the teacher, he can explain even the very technical things to simpler ones. Learning through him is like magic, you can discover a lot and make hard things simpler. It is most of the time “AHA” moment with him.
Ferdie or Ferdz, I don’t call him Kuya not that I’m disrespectful but because he’s so cool to be called as such, he seems to be still a kid. He’s the organizer of most of my gala with the waterist. So many things I know about him but I can’t write in this public blog…hehe.
Mang Lou or Lucio he is my MAMA na friend. Friend since college! Our ever present help both in times of trouble and in good times. He’s our driver, entertainer, negotiator, financier, bodyguard and an anything you want him to be for a time. We are 14 girls (thus we are called 14-K) and would you believe we fit into his tiny jeep, our dependable transport service.
Mang Toots, my “TOL” (he used to call me “Utol Liit”, Ate Annie is the “Utol Laki”). Mang Toots is our driver whenever we have trips to Central Luzon, we stand heat and rain in the middle of a big field surveying with his stories that ranges from his life to other people’s lives (chismis ba!). I will always remember him whenever I have this combination for snack, Royal and Skyflakes, we ask the Sari-Sari Store owner for pang may lagnat na meryenda po, and he already know the combination. He influences me with my toy car collection.
Manong Jun or simply called Manong, I think I’m the one who gave him that title. My Scientist Kuya, its unfortunate he didn’t finished his degree he could have been more than what he is right now but none the less he’s still the brainy Manong.
The Bosses
Mang Domeng he is strict and influential. I developed patience to deal with oldies through him, he’s the one who encourage me to think of my finances and prepare for the future.
Dr. Bhuiyan the boss who laughed. When I was just a Student Assistant he asked me to come to the office on a Saturday for an overtime job and I reasoned that I can’t go because I’m going to wash clothes and he laughed as in loud, unreserved laugh, it’s like a good laugh for the heart and the lungs and I had this innocent look in me asking “why do you laugh?” He’s a generous Boss, he often invite the group to his home and whenever we have visitors he would asked the SAs to perform and in all the field trips of the office he didn’t mind if we tag along.
Dr. Bouman the big boss. He is so kind and so understanding. He is funny and so full of wisdom, he likes people achieving their dreams and he is very supportive. I will never forget how he helped me go through the first poster I did for a conference. He is the one worried why I don’t have boyfriend yet, he even asked me what my preferences are so he can find somebody for me.
Dr. Tuong the little big boss, my ever supportive boss. He’s like a father in the office. He has a lot of confidence in me that I feel I’m a great employee whenever he talks to me. He opens up opportunities for my growth.
There, the men close to my heart from Water Sciences…..but wait!!! there’s more!!!
continuation
My Water Science Kuyas…
Kuya Al, he’s the cool computer man I look up, IDOL, never seen him panicking even if I deleted the whole database. I became “PARDS” to his friend Tito Nes of GIS when he left, and I kinda liked it coz some aspect of him was transferred to me.
Kuya Rem, one of my bosses during my SA years. He is really the Kuya, he’ll tell you things straight but with grace so as not to hurt the relationship. I always recall his reason for not courting a girl during his early years “wala akong pan-date, baon ko nga di pa kasya sakin manliligaw pa, eh magbibigay ka ng regalo at mag-di-date pag may nililigawan” so he didn’t court until he is able.
Kuyang Ruben, fondly called as Kuyang. He’s straight-forward, kinda mataray but sweet at the same time. When I want honest answer and opinion I’ll go to him, coz he can shoot things straight in my face and I can’t recall if there’s any instances that I get offended with his harsh remark. Well that’s probably why I like him that way coz I can “KERI” his katarayan. We used to end our email exchanges when he’s abroad studying with “Kisses” or “Love lots”.
Kuya Roms, my KuRoms. He used to be so cool and comfortable to talk to. I miss my KuRoms, he’s not like that now but I’m praying he’ll be back soon. He’s the teacher, he can explain even the very technical things to simpler ones. Learning through him is like magic, you can discover a lot and make hard things simpler. It is most of the time “AHA” moment with him.
Ferdie or Ferdz, I don’t call him Kuya not that I’m disrespectful but because he’s so cool to be called as such, he seems to be still a kid. He’s the organizer of most of my gala with the waterist. So many things I know about him but I can’t write in this public blog…hehe.
Mang Lou or Lucio he is my MAMA na friend. Friend since college! Our ever present help both in times of trouble and in good times. He’s our driver, entertainer, negotiator, financier, bodyguard and an anything you want him to be for a time. We are 14 girls (thus we are called 14-K) and would you believe we fit into his tiny jeep, our dependable transport service.
Mang Toots, my “TOL” (he used to call me “Utol Liit”, Ate Annie is the “Utol Laki”). Mang Toots is our driver whenever we have trips to Central Luzon, we stand heat and rain in the middle of a big field surveying with his stories that ranges from his life to other people’s lives (chismis ba!). I will always remember him whenever I have this combination for snack, Royal and Skyflakes, we ask the Sari-Sari Store owner for pang may lagnat na meryenda po, and he already know the combination. He influences me with my toy car collection.
Manong Jun or simply called Manong, I think I’m the one who gave him that title. My Scientist Kuya, its unfortunate he didn’t finished his degree he could have been more than what he is right now but none the less he’s still the brainy Manong.
The Bosses
Mang Domeng he is strict and influential. I developed patience to deal with oldies through him, he’s the one who encourage me to think of my finances and prepare for the future.
Dr. Bhuiyan the boss who laughed. When I was just a Student Assistant he asked me to come to the office on a Saturday for an overtime job and I reasoned that I can’t go because I’m going to wash clothes and he laughed as in loud, unreserved laugh, it’s like a good laugh for the heart and the lungs and I had this innocent look in me asking “why do you laugh?” He’s a generous Boss, he often invite the group to his home and whenever we have visitors he would asked the SAs to perform and in all the field trips of the office he didn’t mind if we tag along.
Dr. Bouman the big boss. He is so kind and so understanding. He is funny and so full of wisdom, he likes people achieving their dreams and he is very supportive. I will never forget how he helped me go through the first poster I did for a conference. He is the one worried why I don’t have boyfriend yet, he even asked me what my preferences are so he can find somebody for me.
Dr. Tuong the little big boss, my ever supportive boss. He’s like a father in the office. He has a lot of confidence in me that I feel I’m a great employee whenever he talks to me. He opens up opportunities for my growth.
There, the men close to my heart from Water Sciences…..but wait!!! there’s more!!!
continuation
No comments:
Post a Comment