Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Men close to my heart continuation

first part

Badiks, my badminton buddies

EJ, he’s actually Tiny’s and Lem’s friend we didn’t instantly connect or click as friends, it took us a long time and I don’t know exactly when it happened and how it happened, I just realized that he’s already a friend. He is comfortable to be with, we used to tambay in SLEX, going to malls on weekends, talk just about anything but mostly crazy talks. I specifically liked our trip to La Union for surfing, he’s so caring, so makulit in a funny way. I thought before he is suplado then I realized he truly is…..pero when you get to be his friend para naman syang boyfriend mag-care.

Jelo, the gentle giant. So humble, sa iilang friends lang yan nagyayabang. He’s like Majel to me, we can talk about girl thing even corny things and even his plans for the future. He rarely seems serious but he is so sincere. He’s my taga-hatid sa jeep when we have late night gimiks na wala akong ride home.

Epoy, my partner, he’s my first mixed partner though I usually play women’s double with Tiny. He’s so cool, so galeng yet so humble and he is so willing to help others in badminton. There was never a dull moment with Eps, so funny, no hang-ups, so easy to get along with. I just wish I can catch up with him in badminton and be his partner again.

IRRI’s Harry Potters (as called by Gon), the ITS pipz
Eboy, my personal technician. Whenever I have problems with my computer anytime of the day, who I gonna call? It’s Eboy! He introduced Rizal’s bibingka to me and to my friends and officemates that’s why whenever he goes home I would ask him to bring one for me. Sigh!!!! I miss Eboy and his bibingka.

Arcel, the serious among the three. We have common friend and that’s usually the start of our conversation then it will go to a lot of things like changing my Motorola cell phone into Motorola cell phone with camera just by attaching literally attaching a camera in it. Loko yang si Arcel eh!

Jess, I guess he’s the closest among the three, well basically because he’s also part of the Badiks. Too bad we didn’t get to partner as “the Holy team”, like Jesus and Mary together playing bad. I like long chats with Jess, and it’s there that I get to know the deep Jess.

Some more IRRI men I can’t group

Lem, minus the drinking and the cigarette (though he stopped this one already, NICE!) I would probably consider him a boyfriend material (shhhhhhhh, he doesn’t know that yet). I will always remember how caring he is during our Sagada trip and how glad he is when he saw me for the first time when he came back from the States when we had our surfing trip. I like his adventures and wish I could do, if not all, most of them.

Manong Ulyx, I’ll probably cry with him if someone he loves hurt him because I know how he loves. He’s my Manong by heart!

Kuya Dante also known as KD, he recognized me as the muse of the Babols and for that I love him, coz he saw the girl in me hehe. He’s very accommodating with my non-sense questions about work, about rice, about salinity but he didn’t make me feel I’m stupid when he answers.

Serge, just by being Sergio makes him close to my heart. I see my brother in him, especially the kasungitan and the hyper voice and also the yun bang hampas na supposed to be gentle touch kaso mabigat ang kamay nya kaya it hurts. Still waiting to have a taste of his famous meatballs.

Uro, my labteam in our Pulag expedition. Christmas season is my fondest memory of Uro (pronounced as Yuroh) because he organized a water bomb party for IRRI friends and he didn’t show up on that day, he stood me up, HMP!!!! But he makes up for it, how? I don’t know, I just remembered the pag-iwan not the pag-bawi (selective amnesia).

Bogsie, huggable bear. His huge in size but most especially in heart. So kind hearted, kid at heart as well, funny, ask where to eat and he’ll tell you the restos in any place. A photographer that’s why he doesn’t want to be photographed but we always make him pilit to join.

Daddy Jun, I call him Daddy Jun because he wrote in my slum book that he wanted a daughter named Mary but he can’t have daughter anymore so I told him I just call him Daddy then, even if we’re of the same age.

The Babol’s heartthrob

Glenn, one cool guy I would like to photocopy. He’s so cool he can go out alone with us girls and he can make patol to our kakikayan. We taught him how to be vain one summer in Guimaras.

Mark, he used to bully me but now a changed man. His a friend of a friend that’s why we hooked up. Our personality didn’t match but since I’m a friend of most of his friends he can’t help but make me a friend also. Then as time goes by I can say we are now friends. The best organizer, as in to the dot when he arranged trips. Generous and always willing to share his riches hehe.

Jack, the handy man Jack. Quick to act with our request, mp3s, how tos, even cooks or bakes when requested. He’s also masungit and mapuna but that’s Jack you’ll take all when you love friend that’s what he’s doing to me also so quits quits.

Icoy, you’re the man. No dull moment, anything under the sun and even above it can be a topic of conversation. Dependable partner in badminton, coach in soccer, nice gala buddies. If only allowed I could have been his best man in his coming wedding.

Nelzo, a brother in Christ. I love it when I make him kulit then I will make sungit then I will not make him pansin or act as if I’m bading, I can be whatever I want and he doesn’t mind at all. He just laugh at my kalukahan and he accepts me for that, I guess he love me for that also. I’m an adopted sister, his Ate and mother is a text mates. And I love Batanes (his place), wish I could go back.

Anton, Dondon for close friends, @ for Babols. He can be a boyfriend for rent, say you need to show off in a party you can rent Anton and he wouldn’t mind to be mistaken as a boyfriend. I remember the day we became close, he made me feel I don’t exist and he never knew me that’s when I knew I’m already close to him. He’s that weird and you can check it out to all his closest girl friends. That’s the start of a crazy, wacky friendship with Anton and you’ll love him for that.

to be continued

No comments: