We are indeed created to live beyond ourselves. NOTICE! If we focus all our attention on our personal problems, it almost always become bigger, sometimes we get mess up, or worse paralyzed by the situation. But if we help others despite of our personal problems it doesn’t instantly go away but our attention opens up another way to solve our problems or sometimes the burden become lighter. I also believe that all the opportunities given to us by life should be shared. It’s not for our own, ok, not just for our own.
I used to dream of a simple life, a life where my needs are met. It’s ok if I don’t have much, so long as I don’t lack anything. I don’t aspire for something big, as much as possible I tried living within my means and doesn’t compare to those around me. But I changed now, as of this year I wanted to be someone BIG. I want to accumulate wealth or at least have the means, the capacity to accumulate wealth. It’s not for my own. It’s a dream for others. I’ve always dreamed of owning a first class hospital for the needy, a school for people who cannot afford. I believe these are basic needs of Filipino. I want the kids to have better chances in life through studying. When my sister died in a not-so-good public hospital I kind of had that dream of having my own PGH were sick people would be given the chance to be healed despite not having money. But when I look at my situation now, I’m so off track my dreams….
If I cannot be wealthy, then God make me influential. But first help me not to look inward, teach me to look beyond myself!
Ako, 9 December 2011
I used to dream of a simple life, a life where my needs are met. It’s ok if I don’t have much, so long as I don’t lack anything. I don’t aspire for something big, as much as possible I tried living within my means and doesn’t compare to those around me. But I changed now, as of this year I wanted to be someone BIG. I want to accumulate wealth or at least have the means, the capacity to accumulate wealth. It’s not for my own. It’s a dream for others. I’ve always dreamed of owning a first class hospital for the needy, a school for people who cannot afford. I believe these are basic needs of Filipino. I want the kids to have better chances in life through studying. When my sister died in a not-so-good public hospital I kind of had that dream of having my own PGH were sick people would be given the chance to be healed despite not having money. But when I look at my situation now, I’m so off track my dreams….
If I cannot be wealthy, then God make me influential. But first help me not to look inward, teach me to look beyond myself!
Ako, 9 December 2011
1 comment:
"If we focus all our attention on our personal problems, it almost always become bigger, sometimes we get mess up, or worse paralyzed by the situation."
I agree. I know a few people who couldn't let go of the past and forgive other people because they kept looking at how these other people hurt them. That's just sad.
Post a Comment