Monday, January 9, 2012

New season


Today marks the start of DMI’s 12-day prayer and fasting. I decided even before the year ends (2011) that I will do partial fasting and will join the 12 night service. We started tonight! During the praise and worship, Kuya Paul was exhorting a line from a song…the song was about being like Jacob.

And while worshipping and listening to KP, I was prompted to write this “like Jacob I will not let You go until You bless me!”

I want to walk in Your blessing. Let this be the core why I’m fasting. I want to walk side by side with You God! Never mind the broken hip. Like Jacob who is haunted by his past. Marked as usurper! Never mind my past. It’s this moment to wrestle with You and make You bless me.

I’ll come out new because of this moment. From Jacob to Israel…make me new my dear God!

Ako,
2 January 2012

No comments: