Wednesday, October 10, 2012

C for Cheers!

Last night, I had a chat with a friend who will undergo chemotherapy..she's asking for prayer.

Last Saturday, I visited a friend since college who's suffering from cancer also, and the doctor already told her that there's nothing they can do to help her..in short, she'll be waiting for miracle to get well or wait for her expiration date.

Talking to both of them, I look upon myself...if I were in their shoes, how would I live my life? Will I be as positive as these two ladies..they are both brave and full of faith...amazing women. And according to one of them when you're already there you'll find the courage to face it...I don't know and I also don't want to know.

It also got me thinking that perhaps they are also lucky..since DEATH is the sure thing that will happen to us, for them who already awaiting it any moment..then they will maximize every moment, every waking moment given to them. Then I had this thought how would a dying person spend his/her days?

I've thought of a few that I will do...here they are:

- I will spend every moment with people I love. I will impart to them...I will continue on living because I shared my life to everyone I love. They will be my legacy...people who knew me and people who I shared life with...I know they are a lot..I'm imagining there's going to be a eulogy for me every night of my wake..by batch, by group of people who knew me.

- I will prepare an easy life for my parents, my niece and nephews..I will manage my finances for them. I won't probably be spending for my cure, won't be wasting money for me.

 - I always wanted to die empty...both figuratively and literally =P  to give everything that was given me. I want to donate all working organs to anyone in need. I want to use all my gifts as in all of it. To seize every opportunity to help others.

.... hmmmmmmm but I'm praying most of all that I would have the FAITH to go though this glorifying God and thanking Him despite.....But Oh dear God....please don't test me with this.

And with these two amazing women, I'm so fired up with life...that every waking moment for me is truly a gift and that I not only appreciate it but to really live it out with all the best of life that God gave me.....my heart is bursting with prayer for both of them...I'm with them in claiming the HEALING because JESUS already paid for it..it is by His stripes that we are healed....you two lovelies are healed!

....gather moments while you may Mary, live an unoffensive life, go beyond the boundaries of emotions... there's more to life than your small issues...rise up and live...

Cheers to life to the fullest,
Ako

No comments: