Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One long weekend….

7 April 2008 was declared holiday in lieu of “Araw ng Kagitingan” on 9 April 2008. Surprisingly, no long weekend trips for the barkada this time. We plan of road trip to Hundred Islands then detour to Laiya, come Friday, road under construction. Since I don’t have place to go for the weekend I just stayed home…WOW! Something new, I think I’m sick! And since I’m home, I tried cleaning my room but not enough energy even to start with. Read books but I felt like sleeping rather than finishing one booklet. So after a nap after nap I decided to go to the other house where cable is available. After a minute of pressing the remote I stopped at HBO. And here’s my movie marathon =)

♪♪ Wishin', and hopin', and thinkin', and prayin',
Planning and dreamin' each night of his charms.
That won't get you into his arms ♪♪

“My Best Friends Wedding” I like the soundtrack, the characters, the story, but I only have a few quotable quotes from this movie my favorite is:

Michael O'Neill: Kimmy says if you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just...
Julianne Potter: Passes you by...
Michael O'Neill: Passes you by...

This is also my favorite scene of the movie.
I like the friendship of the main characters though it didn’t bloom into romantic love. I wish I’ll have that close relationship with the opposite sex. You know the almost lovers as in you know all about each other but no attachment, no commitment. It’s good to know that there’s someone you can count on and who knows you fully. I like the scene also were Michael told Julianne “I’ve seen more naked than that”.

What I find sad there is this line:

Julianne Potter: Michael... I love you. I've loved you for nine years, I've just been too arrogant and scared to realize it, and... well, now I'm just scared. So, I realize this comes at a very inopportune time but I really have this gigantic favor to ask of you. Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy. Oh, that sounds like three favors, doesn't it?

Imagine, you have the guy for nine years and you’ve waited that long to tell him what you really feel. Too bad, she’s too late. Funny ha! We’re like that in real life, we most of the time take for granted the people close to us and realize after how we can’t live without them only to find out that we already lost them. Proof that Michael loves Julianne so much, even if she is the bastard in his relationship with Kimmy they have this conversation that I liked so much….

Julianne Potter: I'm pond scum. Well, lower actually. I'm like the fungus that feeds on pond scum.
Michael O'Neill: Lower. The pus that infects the mucus that cruds up the fungus that feeds on the pond scum. On the other hand, thank you for loving me that much, that way. It's pretty flattering.
Julianne Potter: Except it makes me fungus.

This is the part were Julianne admitted her fault. Yeah I think it’s flattering that one good person will become a monster because of her love for you. Wonder what I would be for the one I love?!

And I also like George, the Jane Bond in Julianne’s life..I think I envy Julianne, she has two handsome guys who love her so much.

George Downes: Michael's chasing Kimmy?
Julianne Potter: Yes!
George Downes: You're chasing Michael?
Julianne Potter: YES!
George Downes: Who's chasing you... nobody, get it? There's your answer. It's Kimmy.

Then the last part were I really felt what was going through Julianne’s character: When the newly wed was about to leave, she wanted to get through their way, probably to bid her last farewell but the crowd wouldn’t let her pass through and just about the time she gave up, here comes Michael with his last embrace and goodbye…..ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Next picture….

Something new, perfect for my something new long weekend. Here’s the plot of the movie

An intelligent romantic comedy that chooses to deal with issues of race and perception in a straight-forward way, from a point of view not often seen: that of a successful, upper-class black woman. Finding love where it's least expected. If love is an adventure, it's one yet to be embarked upon by Kenya Denise McQueen. A beautiful L.A. career woman, Kenya works as a senior manager at a prestigious accounting firm, and is on the verge of making partner. But she has yet to find her own partner and a fulfilling personal life. It's not that she's stopped looking; her (mental) checklist is at the ready. After another Valentine's Day spent working late, Kenya agrees to a blind date with Brian Kelly, a sexy and free-spirited landscape architect who turns out to be not exactly what she'd pictured for herself. Then again, she does need the yard of her new house fixed up... Her girlfriends Cheryl, Suzzette, and Nedra are there for her with advice, while Cheryl's new beau Walter shares a male perspective with Brian. Kenya's socially prominent parents Joyce and Edmond and womanizing younger brother Nelson also voice their own opinions. But it's when her perfect match, Mark, enters the picture that Kenya is truly thrown into confusion. Ultimately, Kenya has to decide for herself and follow her heart - no matter where it takes her. Written by Focus Features

I like this line from Kenya’s father…I think he’s a cool dad.

Edmond McQueen: The point is, love is an adventure, Kenya. It's not a decision you make for others. It's a decision you make from your heart. Anyway, the boy's just white, he ain't a martian.

Ok, down to the last movie…

Staring Jennifer Garner as Gray and Timothy Olyphant as Fritz two of the six main characters in the movie and they are the ones I like that’s why I remembered their names in the movie. This movie has this tag line “Life is messy...love is messier” …. I like the place, the house, the clothes of Gray, I like Fritz….sooooooooooooo ruggedly handsome. When I look at him it’s as if I wanted to be lost in his arms….hahahaha. And his eyes, when he stares at Gray, and smile, waaaaaaaaaaa I wanna be inside the television, he’s soooooooooo cool, just shirt and jeans but he’s so sexy. And before I got really carried away let me share the quotes I got from this movie which by the way is entitled “Catch and Release”.

Gray: I told them all the great things I know about you and there were a lot. I was up there for a while. I didn't tell them everything, though. I left out the complicated stuff, like how it took losing you forever for me to truly find you. And how finding you turned me into someone else entirely. That's not what they came for. People want to hear you were great. Not that were great, but also, sometimes, not so great. They want to know I miss you. Not that while I've been missing you, I've fallen for someone else. It's weird, though. I feel like the only one who would understand this is you. In a way, that makes sense. He was the one person you were yourself around. Of course he'd be that same person for me. Anyway, I left all that out and I kept it simple. I told them I loved you and that's the truth.

Hahaha I think I got lost somewhere, I only have one quote..hehehe lost in Fritz’ arms, oh there’s one more, the line I wanted to answer personally to Fritz and the one line I also wanted to use someday

Fritz: What took you so long?

There…my one long weekend at home =)

Ako, 15 Apr 2008

1 comment:

Joann Glorioso said...

ang haba ng blog mo mare! hehehehe..ang daldal mo! ü but again i always give praise to those who blog kasi me myself, hirap ako makabuo ng mga ganito.. anyways, boyfriend ko yun guy sa Something New, akin sya! he's my dream fafahbol, nakakatunaw ang titig, ahahahay..ü and i like the quote 'love is a decision made from the heart' ..i wont forget that line.. ü