Today is Father’s day, last month we celebrated Mother’s day and so it’s only fitting to honor my Papsie and Mamsie and make them worthy of one BLAG!
In our Sunday service, we honor the man greater than all superheroes combined that’s what the slideshow said. Pastor Paul asked us to whisper a prayer in honor of our Dad. I say a prayer for my Tatay and also for my Nanay. I thanked them for raising me up like this. They’re not perfect but who is anyway!? I prayed to God for long, happy life and for good health and easy living.
And so here’s my BLAG entry:
The heart of the family, that’s my Mohder. The budget officer, secretary of defense for both inside and outside harm, the doctor on call (or shout), the superwoman. She’s the softy, cuddly and the person in the home with calming effect. Though she’s also the automatic on, non-stop, everyday from sun up to sun down radio you hear over the house. But one thing I liked about her, she’ll be the first to cry when I’m hurt. I remember when I failed my Stat removal exam, she’s the one who encouraged me and tell me it’s alright. That’s my mother, my first line of defense.
If my Nanay will cry with me, my Tatay is different he’ll push me to achieve, to do my best. And I know most of the time I failed him but he can’t do anything, I’m still his daughter no matter what. He’s the commanding officer obey first before you complain master. But he is also the good provider. He’s the reality check in the house, the one person that keeps our feet on the ground, the tough guy. He is my teacher, the officer who declares the law inside the home. He is also the strong arms that carry me, the fixer of my toys. I’m so grateful for my Papsie because in life you need to be tough and he taught me that.
Both my parents are not expressive, we don’t kiss, hug or even say “I love you” but I know in their own ways they love us, no doubt about it. I know they have dreams for me though sometimes they don’t know how to express it. They push me hard to be able to achieve more than the life they reached. Sometimes the pushing is also their way of telling me “we believe in you”. My Tatay calls me “kabuti” lately and I get it already, it’s his way of telling me “he misses me”.
Thanks Papsie and Mamsie……
Ako, 15 June 2008
In our Sunday service, we honor the man greater than all superheroes combined that’s what the slideshow said. Pastor Paul asked us to whisper a prayer in honor of our Dad. I say a prayer for my Tatay and also for my Nanay. I thanked them for raising me up like this. They’re not perfect but who is anyway!? I prayed to God for long, happy life and for good health and easy living.
And so here’s my BLAG entry:
The heart of the family, that’s my Mohder. The budget officer, secretary of defense for both inside and outside harm, the doctor on call (or shout), the superwoman. She’s the softy, cuddly and the person in the home with calming effect. Though she’s also the automatic on, non-stop, everyday from sun up to sun down radio you hear over the house. But one thing I liked about her, she’ll be the first to cry when I’m hurt. I remember when I failed my Stat removal exam, she’s the one who encouraged me and tell me it’s alright. That’s my mother, my first line of defense.
If my Nanay will cry with me, my Tatay is different he’ll push me to achieve, to do my best. And I know most of the time I failed him but he can’t do anything, I’m still his daughter no matter what. He’s the commanding officer obey first before you complain master. But he is also the good provider. He’s the reality check in the house, the one person that keeps our feet on the ground, the tough guy. He is my teacher, the officer who declares the law inside the home. He is also the strong arms that carry me, the fixer of my toys. I’m so grateful for my Papsie because in life you need to be tough and he taught me that.
Both my parents are not expressive, we don’t kiss, hug or even say “I love you” but I know in their own ways they love us, no doubt about it. I know they have dreams for me though sometimes they don’t know how to express it. They push me hard to be able to achieve more than the life they reached. Sometimes the pushing is also their way of telling me “we believe in you”. My Tatay calls me “kabuti” lately and I get it already, it’s his way of telling me “he misses me”.
Thanks Papsie and Mamsie……
Ako, 15 June 2008
No comments:
Post a Comment