- I am a street vendor during my elementary years I am selling ice candy in the morning, turon/bananaque/maruya in the afternoon and balu’t penoy in the evening during weekends. That’s my way of helping my parents. I go around our Barangay and the neighboring Barangays.
- I am the all around help in the house, waking up very early to fix our sari-sari store, open it and in the evening wash all the dishes. I even wash clothes every after school hours.
- Despite me doing the house chores I don’t know how to cook, even to cook rice.
- I used to sell cigarette, palamig and chicha to cock-fighters’ “tupada”. I get to watched cockfighting. When there’s a raid coz it’s illegal to do cockfighting outside the arena, I also run so the cop won’t get me, well they wouldn’t really get me but I kinda want to have the feel of running also, running like a criminal. That’s part of my childhood adventure.
- I have a pet dog when I was in elementary then he gets old and he started biting that’s the time my Tatay asked for somebody to kill him for “pulutan” but he was able to escape and we nursed the wound but after awhile he died. After that I don’t like to have pets anymore. Got too attached to him that it felt so sad and hard to let go. Never wanting that to happen again I never liked pet anymore.
- I wanted to be a policewoman before, more of like “Charlie’s angels” actually. But my father didn’t allow me. Thankful he didn’t!
- I don’t want to be married to men in uniform (from security guard to generals, nurse to doctors) coz I feel that they will have less time for their family and I don’t like that.
- I am usually one of the boys from my elementary years up to now. They don’t find me as a girlfriend material just a buddy buddy, but a best buddy I guess. Even the girlfriends don’t get jealous of me when they learned that I am with their boyfriend they feel safe. How could they? I am also a girl!
- I used to pretend I’m blind, so I walk around the house with closed eyes and memorize my way around. At times I write with my left-hand and skimping with one leg, just trying things so that I would know what it feels like.
- There’s this time when we have a water shortage and there’s a campaign to save water. I measure my bathing water I have to use just 2 pails. Yeah that’s still a lot but it’s already saving for me. I love taking a bath and I even have concert inside the bathroom.
- When I’m stress and sad I clean the house. It usually take me 3 days to clean the whole house, not that our house is big it’s just that I clean every details.
- I collect stationary, text, marbles, candy wrappers, old notes, funny shaped wood, different looking stones, all the junks that I can collect then put them all in my room. Only when I was already in college that I was able to throw them away and really let go of them. Along with my slumbook from high school and all my school notes and test papers. Though the cards and recent notes I still keep.
- I’m not very fond of chocolates though I like kisses’ cookies and cream. The only ice cream I like is rocky road and very rocky road. No to cakes, not so much of cookies, no to cheese and mayonnaise. I am more of a root-crop and kakanin-eater.
- Flowers brighten my day, I remember one time I wanted to have a bouquet of flowers and I waited 3 days for somebody to give me flowers but nobody did, so I bought a bunch for me and I felt happy after that. There’s this one time naman I asked the Lord to brighten my week by letting me have a one-long-stemmed-gerbera, He is sooooooooooo good, He asked Merc to buy me flower (with the exact specification) and I am so blessed and so is Merc =).
- I like extreme adventures like bunjee jumping, cliff gliding, I also wanted to try flying trapeze and sky diving.
- Whenever it’s brownout at home me and my sibling would just lie down in our bed and we would sing from the top of our lungs our brownout theme song “Si Filimon”, then we would laugh the same intensity as the previous times that we did that.
- I am so barriotic: summer is basketball game watching every night, shouting for my basketball idol and even fighting with other team’s cheerers. I go to peria and play beto-beto and get to go home with all the plastic containers or teady bears. I would really stay up even in the wee hours for Miss Gay and local artists gracing our barangay fiesta.
- I love summer. I love seeing “sumvac booth” or the summer vacation assistance booth along highways. Its happy days for me.
- I want to have a photo of me all dressed up while playing in the rain.
- I love old houses, like the ones that can be found in Pila and Vigan with big lawn with mango trees and resting under the tree is a huge hammock.
- Still dreaming of swimming with dolphins, not the ones that can be seen in parks but in the ocean.
- Just a thought that somebody is thinking about me, makes me happy.
- I would like to be remembered as “Mary, somebody who touched someone’s life”.
- I want to be a volunteer, want to teach in community that doesn’t have access to school.
- I want to own a farm where I can grow flowers and vegetables and fruit trees.
I just want to write and remember my thoughts on things, events, people, every thought that can be written.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
25 random things about me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
19. I would love to take that photo
22. You happy now? :D
so far the best list I've read... enjoy na enjoy ko. I can relate to not marrying man in uniform too - for soldiers kasi ayokong mabyuda agad. For doctors kasi on-call sila kahit special holidays like Christmas and New Year... super exciting ng adventures mo nung bata ka pa =D You are truly a true-blue adventurous gal =D
and for 24 and 25, we have the same desires =D
WOW! May comments =) sige nga Lyman kuhanan mo ako ng raining para sa susunod playing naman sa snow =); happy kasi you thought of me when you comment on my blog =) hehe
kurek Janices, exciting talaga ang childhood ko =) kaya siguro ganito ako now....luka lang! yeah sana magkaroon tayo ng farm =)
Galing naman. You are great.
wow te mary, dami ako natutunan about u.
Haha! We have a lot of things in common! and watching basketbal game is just one of the best! I miss running in the streets and dancing ;)
cge na nga mag-comment na ako sabi mo eh ;-) hi hi...grabeehhh sobrang natawa ako sa number 4 (wala lang just wana run like a criminal ;-) and no. 8 (ako rin di nagseselos kahit snasabi ni win na gusto ka nya ;-) he he! as in natutuwa sya syo and he likes yung mga hirit mo...pareho tayo na di gusto ang mgpakasal with a man in uniform...gusto ko kc simple life lang..pero tanungin mo na lang si win kung ano definition ko ng simple life...he he! O ayan ha, haba na ng comments ko :-)
got a text comment for my blog...so happy that i wanted to place it in the comment:
Finally, i found the time to see your blog site. My God, you have a great gift of bringing cheer, wisdom and inspiration to the whole world. You are really "Mary". I love all the stories especially the 25 random things. Only a very special man deserves you. You are very special. Ang dami kong gustong sabihin.
additional to her text:
Sobra nakakaaliw! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Sana yumaman ako so we can publish your thoughts into a book...(woah)Aliw na aliw ako sa childhood mo
mamaya ako magcocomment nang bonggang bongga ha. iabsorb ko muna lahat! yan, madami na naman akong babasahin!
This part made me laugh: I also run so the cop won’t get me, well they wouldn’t really get me but I kinda want to have the feel of running also, running like a criminal.
nice to know you! :)
Post a Comment