Monday, January 27, 2014

Dignity

Dignity is a term used in moral, ethical, legal, and political discussions to signify that a being has an innate right to be valued and receive ethical treatment.

....that is how Wikipedia.org defined DIGNITY as I browse the internet for my starting line in my blog.

What about ethical treatment or what does ethically treated actually means? with this question, the internet couldn't give me a straight forward answer.

Then I searched for ethical standard....and it's funny that the answer I got was, there is not ONE consistent set of standard to follow...would it be safe to assume that there is no ethical standard actually!?

I've always been a believer that every person regardless of their status in life, whatever the condition of living they have, each person has the right to be treated rightly, to be valued as humans, to be treated ethically. But it's painful that in reality, it's not happening. People tend to look down on others even if they are just a point five step higher than the others. It's even painful that just to be able to live, people will give away their dignity. We forget our self worth for a piece of bread. There's even others, who, because they are so poor they've forgotten that they too have value. They would not mind being treated ill, it's like it's their fate because they are poor, they did not study, they don't have money so they don't have value at all. It saddens me so much, seeing that...I wished I could stand for them, in their behalf. I pray people in authority would have so much compassion on them...and that they would give them a chance for a better life. And I also pray that each one would take pride with in them and strive to be a better person...strive for a better life for themselves...I pray that we would all take it to heart to leave a lasting legacy of Filipinos with pride...Filipinos with dignity. 


Ako, na-expose sa kalakaran ng buhay nitong nakaraang araw!





No comments: