It’s the start of 2009, almost if not all shows on television features the year that was. They summarized the whole year by showing their best compilation from 2008. In most last vacation day gatherings people are talking about “How was your 2008, How do you find 2008, Evaluation of 2008.” Then the ever famous “What’s your new year’s resolution?” So! before I go to my list for 2009 let me also have a recap of my 2008. Some sort of bridge or launching pad for 2009. It’s my way of building a stone of remembrance for the goodness of my Daddy God.
For my family:
I thank the Lord for good health, no major ailment for the whole family, though my Nanay was diagnose of hyper thyroid, she’s under medication and doing well now. We never lack in 2008, everything was well provided for and all of us has a job. We had a family vacation, it’s a dream come true for me, went to La Union and Baguio as in all of us. I love that vacation, so glad to see my nephews and niece enjoying the beach and super province setting of La Union and the cool breeze of Baguio. My brother Bong’s house was already finished. We acquired hand me down sofa, refrigerator, comfort room and rooftop was renovated.
For my work:
I was able to present a poster paper in CSSP held in Iloilo and was able to do side trips in San Dionisio, Guimaras and Bacolod. I was able to do hands on work on ORYZA, ACCESS and finished my portion for the old database of Dr. Tuong’s group. I had an excellent mark on my job evaluation and my contract was extended for another year.
For my ministry:
Sunday service went well with the help of Ate Cathy, Merc and of course Pastora Mavic. We started our lunch group at IRRI together with Myra and Ate Nancy. Sunday lunch fellowship with the professional’s group went International with our friends Aureline and Nurul then from time to time Atefeh, Reza and John. I was able to experience sharing in our house church in Sta. Rosa and became friends with them. My cellmates are ever present though not yet growing in numbers but still striving to grow right Merc, Donna, Ellen, Mini, Emma and Jewel?! We even received prayers from our Pastors in Canada Grace and Joseph, we’re still awaiting for the fruit of that prayers.
For everything else:
Enjoyed playing football and even joined in Alaska cup and Labay cup. I was able to play badminton again outside IRRI with Sheila and Icoy. Met a lot of foreigners and became friends with them and even went around places with them. I never thought my little barrio Masili.com can be a tourist place. Me, Aureline, Atefeh, Reza, Sarah, Nurul and Dee went boating in Laguna Bay and tried shooting in Masili shooting range. I went to Pagsanjan for the first time with Pogs, Dee, Yohei, Daisuke, Nurul and Denis. Visited a great place in San Dionisio in Iloilo with Manong Ulyx, Papa Andy, Babols sisters, Icoy, Jack, Luz and Bebot. Went back to Guimaras with the IRRI participants to CSSP and then went to Bacolod and visit Tiny’s place together with Dee and Icoy. Learned and enjoyed surfing in La Union with Crisel, EJ and Lem and was able to meet Papa Echo. I celebrated my birthday and Merc and Emma too with our close friends in church at Tagaytay. I've witnessed 3 wonderful weddings of friends Mavic and Bernard, Tiny and Icoy and Vhelle and Win. I’ve acquired a lot of things like clothes, bags, shoes, socks, cell phone, accessories as in a lot, given by generous people.
It was in deed a great year! And I know 2009 will even be greater! Thank You Daddy God….mmmmmmmmmmmmmmwah =)
Ako, 6 January 2009
For my family:
I thank the Lord for good health, no major ailment for the whole family, though my Nanay was diagnose of hyper thyroid, she’s under medication and doing well now. We never lack in 2008, everything was well provided for and all of us has a job. We had a family vacation, it’s a dream come true for me, went to La Union and Baguio as in all of us. I love that vacation, so glad to see my nephews and niece enjoying the beach and super province setting of La Union and the cool breeze of Baguio. My brother Bong’s house was already finished. We acquired hand me down sofa, refrigerator, comfort room and rooftop was renovated.
For my work:
I was able to present a poster paper in CSSP held in Iloilo and was able to do side trips in San Dionisio, Guimaras and Bacolod. I was able to do hands on work on ORYZA, ACCESS and finished my portion for the old database of Dr. Tuong’s group. I had an excellent mark on my job evaluation and my contract was extended for another year.
For my ministry:
Sunday service went well with the help of Ate Cathy, Merc and of course Pastora Mavic. We started our lunch group at IRRI together with Myra and Ate Nancy. Sunday lunch fellowship with the professional’s group went International with our friends Aureline and Nurul then from time to time Atefeh, Reza and John. I was able to experience sharing in our house church in Sta. Rosa and became friends with them. My cellmates are ever present though not yet growing in numbers but still striving to grow right Merc, Donna, Ellen, Mini, Emma and Jewel?! We even received prayers from our Pastors in Canada Grace and Joseph, we’re still awaiting for the fruit of that prayers.
For everything else:
Enjoyed playing football and even joined in Alaska cup and Labay cup. I was able to play badminton again outside IRRI with Sheila and Icoy. Met a lot of foreigners and became friends with them and even went around places with them. I never thought my little barrio Masili.com can be a tourist place. Me, Aureline, Atefeh, Reza, Sarah, Nurul and Dee went boating in Laguna Bay and tried shooting in Masili shooting range. I went to Pagsanjan for the first time with Pogs, Dee, Yohei, Daisuke, Nurul and Denis. Visited a great place in San Dionisio in Iloilo with Manong Ulyx, Papa Andy, Babols sisters, Icoy, Jack, Luz and Bebot. Went back to Guimaras with the IRRI participants to CSSP and then went to Bacolod and visit Tiny’s place together with Dee and Icoy. Learned and enjoyed surfing in La Union with Crisel, EJ and Lem and was able to meet Papa Echo. I celebrated my birthday and Merc and Emma too with our close friends in church at Tagaytay. I've witnessed 3 wonderful weddings of friends Mavic and Bernard, Tiny and Icoy and Vhelle and Win. I’ve acquired a lot of things like clothes, bags, shoes, socks, cell phone, accessories as in a lot, given by generous people.
It was in deed a great year! And I know 2009 will even be greater! Thank You Daddy God….mmmmmmmmmmmmmmwah =)
Ako, 6 January 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment