Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fantasy….Reality

I live in fantasies.
I live terrific lives in my head
It’s part of the creative imagination, to daydream, to invent stories
…..
I can’t deal with reality

Those were Don’s word in his book “A Million Miles in a Thousand Years”. I could very much relate to him, our one thing in common (wink wink). It’s also the very reason why I love books, movies, television series, story of other people, blogs, going places. I guess it’s because most of the time I find my reality frustrating. Those things that I love, they provide sweet escapes from reality. I even have this ability to bring actual, real scenes from real world to my fantasy world. Whenever I’m engaged in conversation I could extend that conversation in Mary’s fantasy world, I may not be talking but inside I already finish the long story of it. I love being in my fantasy world. Because there I am a risk taker, I am brave, I’m a leader, I am a doer of what I imagined to do. In there, I am loved unconditionally, wholly, completely. There was not even a trace of rejection. And like Don my entire life had been designed to make myself more comfortable, to insulate myself from interruption of my daydreams.

It’s an odd feeling to be awakened from a life of fantasy, to a life empty of real stories. But unlike Don who can make money out of his day dreaming, with me, I gain nothing out of it. Oh well, maybe the gain were; I’m still a believer that the world I live in is still a better place despite frustrating events. I’m more leaning to the good side of everyone I meet no matter how bad their reputations maybe. Naïve, idealistic as some friends would say. In my fantasy world my hope meter is high above the clouds. Patience, grace, love, care, all the good traits are overflowing. Difficult people from my real world were transformed into angels in my fantasy world. Those were probably the good stuff but it’s also a big hindrance for the living in the now. To work with whatever was really happening. I can’t go out of the cycle. It’s a dead faith, no action, no real adventures.  Like Don I needed to live a real story with real action.

So here’s to me “welcome to the real world Mary!”

Ako,
15 March 2011

2 comments:

september_leigh said...

Most of the people if not all, have their own fantasy world/ fantasies, siguro it's their way of denying the unacceptable things/situation or maybe it’s their way of coping up with those.

It's just sad that sometimes we tend to stay longer in our fantasies and forget what's real from not.

at yan ang masakit na katotohanan sa kabila ng ating mga pantasya..:(

manÜ said...

beautiful ironies! :)