The Principal scientist, the water engineer, acting DDG-R, CESD’s head, the boss of water science, all these were his title. In his despedida from the Division he said “if you want to hear other people say all the good things about you...LEAVE! But with him, even before the despedida I can only hear good things, everyone is fond of him. And now that he’s leaving all the more of the good talks about him. He is dedicated, passionate, well-organized scientist. He is cool, he can pacify tensions within a group. Full of energy and enthusiasm. Keen researcher, somebody who really go into the field and look into what’s happening, he is into first-hand experience with experiment and research. Gentle in dealing with people, kind hearted, approachable, fun-loving, joker, diplomatic. Instrumental in other’s career moves, good adviser. So many more good things. But what I like the most were these description of him that I get to hear during the Water Science despedida for him:
from Adrienne while hugging TPT she was saying “you’re just a little boy.”
fom Nguyet (Mrs. Tuong) he is the same boy she knew then until now. I also love the revelation when TPT was still courting her. She turn down TPT coz she wanted to concentrate on her studies but he was sooooooooo persistent that he would always come back to Mrs. Nguyet and even study there with her for nine years. Patience paid off....
Another description I like is given by Ferdie, TPT is the embodiment of humility. He treats everyone equally and with him you will not feel the levels on your job..RT, Researcher and other Boss is the same with him.
from TJ, TPT tickled his enthusiasm for research again.
All these and more...that’s TPT!
For me, I fondly call him Kwatug, reminds me of Niño Mulach movie, I can’t remember the story but I just got that name from that movie. He is not a boss, he is actually a father who is concerned more on your welfare aside from your work. I love how he described me, he said I’m always happy, a positive person, seems like nothing can make me feel down, it’s as if everyday and everything is always fine....
Then after all the speeches, Man (his the host) asked me to give my message for him also...he introduced me as someone who practically grew up in Water Science....perfect description! I asked everyone if I could sing my message..just a few lines...they agreed, how can they not?!
I sung to him the song “You changed my life in a moment” coz the opportunity given to me when I started working in Water Science under him really changed me. From a barrio girl in Masili.com I was able to go around the Philippines through conferences, trips that he allowed me to. I did not grow professionally in terms of degree such as MS or PhD but I grew in many aspects. Character were developed, talents were explored, personality was improved...I was changed! And with that I am forever grateful! I will surely missed Dr. Tuong, his working style, his greetings, tap on the shoulder, the hug during Christmas and birthdays, plus the gifts especially on Valentine’s day. That’s why I just let myself be emotional during the party...can’t help but cry! It’s a sweet goodbye!
At the end of his party when they were about to leave he told me “just keep that positive, youthful spirit and you’ll go a long way with that.”
Ako,
6 August 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment