There is a time in life for certain things.
There are beginnings and endings.
When you say “HELLO” later on you’ll say “GOODBYE”.
It is not just good things that didn’t last, actually everything doesn’t last.
Everything is temporary.
It’s both a happy and a sad note.
Happy, for it gives you great relief that all things will come to pass especially if you’re undergoing a tough times. It gives you hope that no matter how hard the things that you’re going through it will be over sooner or later.
“Though the sorrow may last for a night, joy comes in the morning” the song says.
It may feel like forever but if you just go on it will be over.
Likewise, it’s sad because even the good times won’t last. No matter how good, perfect some things are, it will not be like that forever. But even so, we should collect as many good times as we can, so we’ll have a lot of things to go back to when the tough gets going.
It’s a funny cycle of life….because life goes on in between these things. Life begins, the cycle in between then life ends….
Like…
2010 ended, 2011 begun!
And as I finally close and say “GOODBYE” to my 2010 I’ll leave all the bad and the sad part of it behind. Events that made me cry because it’s painful. Things I regretted whether of doing or of not even trying. People I have hurt who burn bridges between us. Goals unmet, wishes not granted, even all my self inflicted pains. All that sort of stuff, I’m saying goodbye to.
Then I will collect and store in my memory box the things that I will continue to be thankful for in 2011. These are people who generously shared all sort of things to me, events that I am happy and even those that I made someone happy. As I welcome and officially say “HELLO” to 2011 I’m praying together with my memory box of good things, may my in between for this year be a balance of everything. May I be the person 2011 imagined me to be. And with that hope I rest 2011 in my God’s unchanging love for me….
“GOODBYE 2010, HELLO 2011….
Ako, 6 January 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment