Monday, December 14, 2009

Fire works, it works

The place is so familiar but there seems to be a difference in looks, people around, what’s going around. It’s like you’re in a park somewhere. Then you saw people you know, greeting you or you greeting them. The used to be basketball court was filled with tents where goods and foods are on display and on sale. As I scanned my way I saw friends grouping in the used to be field where we play football. There’s a big stage usually seen in out of town shows on television. The atmosphere was filled with joy it’s in deed fiesta today in the Institute so familiar from Monday to Friday but just so different today, Sunday the 13th of December 2009. I enjoyed the company of friends while watching performers from Los Baños communities, local talents from IRRI and of course the invited talents like Jose and Wally of Eat Bulaga, the most remembered performers that night “the Mocha”, my some sort of favorite after the Ding dong break-up, Karylle and Katrina’s so loved singer Christian Bautista. But my highlight for that night was the fireworks display. I really made it a point that I should be there in that moment. Not minding the people around but just engrossed myself to be lost in the display of fireworks. To enjoy it like a kid, oohing and aahing in every burst of colors and showers of lights. I was looking up the whole time of the display. Cheering for the small ones to still go up up up. Clapping for the really amazing big display of the others. That was fun! It brought out the kid in me that was hidden for sometime lately. That “Mary” I knew who appreciate everything like kidos do. She’s back! I’m glad!

Ako, 14 December 2009

2 comments:

May said...

nice isn't it!?:D

Katrina said...

christiannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! inggit ako!!!