I am his human diary! That’s what he calls me! And like any book, journals or real diary, I guess we’ve come to the end of our page. But being a human diary I chose to say something….so before we turn to the last page let me have this one entry.
To “BEBE KO” maybe you wouldn’t understand if I told you that I cannot fully share in your happiness. Though truly I am happy it’s just that along with being happy I am also sad. Both emotions at the same time! Yes it’s for your good, yes it’s just on the other building, yes we’re still friends and all the assurance that things will be the same but there’s this fear that that little space would really change us a lot. Though you’re just a pond away, still it is distance. It will not be the same again.
I will miss the “hellos” when you pass by the corridor….the “goodbyes” every after office. The ride together to the football field or badminton court. I cannot run or slide and glide to your room if you asked for hug or just needed someone to talk. The “lika”, “punta ka dito” or just a “kaway” will not be possible as it is now.
But every page must turn or the story won’t continue…..
So, I’m sending you off along with my prayers. You will always have a special place in my heart. Your diary entries will be treasured. I will lock it in my memory. It will be my connection to you, hopefully our bond that will outlast time and space.
My “BEBE” has grown…..
Ako, 11 December 2009
To “BEBE KO” maybe you wouldn’t understand if I told you that I cannot fully share in your happiness. Though truly I am happy it’s just that along with being happy I am also sad. Both emotions at the same time! Yes it’s for your good, yes it’s just on the other building, yes we’re still friends and all the assurance that things will be the same but there’s this fear that that little space would really change us a lot. Though you’re just a pond away, still it is distance. It will not be the same again.
I will miss the “hellos” when you pass by the corridor….the “goodbyes” every after office. The ride together to the football field or badminton court. I cannot run or slide and glide to your room if you asked for hug or just needed someone to talk. The “lika”, “punta ka dito” or just a “kaway” will not be possible as it is now.
But every page must turn or the story won’t continue…..
So, I’m sending you off along with my prayers. You will always have a special place in my heart. Your diary entries will be treasured. I will lock it in my memory. It will be my connection to you, hopefully our bond that will outlast time and space.
My “BEBE” has grown…..
Ako, 11 December 2009
1 comment:
I am melted by your article. Me too, I feel happy, sad and nervously excited all at the same time. Sure, our small greetings and hand waves by the corridors will be lessened or end... but I think our page still would not come to an end.
We can still go to the football field or badminton area together. I will try to slide and glide by your office once in a while. Hehehe. I will still command you "lika, punta ka dito, etc." hahaha. Joke.
Seriously, they say all good things come to an end; I say not all. You're still my human diary and will always be. I will always put entries in my diary... Thanks for reserving a special place for me, and thanks for your prayers. I can't believe myself that I am growing...
It's been 4 years that I stayed with Water Science... wow... time flies... but friends and memories stay. ;)
Post a Comment