Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dark side

Circumstances reveal yourself, the very you, your core, the being that’s inside that pretty face and sexy body. Angelic face can be evil inside. Mr. Sungit can be super sweet and loving actually, as much as a not so good looking on the outside can be a gem on the inside or better yet somebody like me with both good looks and good character (this is my blog! nobody can argue!). Oh well, I will not really praise myself with this post, coz I would like to reveal the dark side of Mary (sorta!).

When I attended the School of Leaders in our church we were asked for our strengths and weaknesses. To lessen the burden on my part and to have an objective assessment I asked friends to do that for me. Surprisingly they had a hard time on my weaknesses, probably they’re just being nice or they think I couldn’t handle what they will write. A tough friend is someone who is going to be honest with you. I found a tough friend, her name, CIRCUMSTANCES! She revealed to me what my friends can’t tell me.

My weaknesses, things that always comes out when face with circumstances: I am so full of myself, I always have this tendency to make the story evolved around me. No matter how little my contribution, I will highlight it and make “the me” shine. I am never a humble person (stating that proudly). I feel hurt when a promise made to me is broken. I cannot take that, even the simple promise (so be very careful not to say mindless promises to me), but I don’t retaliate or most of the time I just let it pass. You wouldn’t notice it matters to me but in my memory bank, it’s there hidden deep within. I may give you another chance but if you fail me again, then, that’s it, I will classify you as “I cannot count on this for you” so there won’t be next time. And if ever I make a mistake of giving you that chance again, I’ll take that against me, making me all the more sad. I am an insecure person, I should always be assured that I am needed, wanted and loved. I don’t usually ask for favors coz I don’t know how to handle rejection. And saying “NO” to my favors is rejection for me. I maybe loyal but if I feel a hint of me being unwanted I will surely move away from you or you won’t matter to me at all. I may look tough and unemotional but I am so fragile within. I am easily hurt. And there are times that my understanding is not working properly, I also have potential of taking revenge in my unnoticed wicked ways. I am tactless, especially if I wanted to brag about something. I don’t easily trust people, it’s ok that I have few trusted friends, people I know who can handle the real me. I’m not sweet. I am not expressive, hardly you’ll notice I’m upset, I’m sad. I am so good in hiding my emotion.

There, that’s me…there maybe darker side still but it’s too dark to let it out in the open…hehehe

Ako, 10 November 2009

1 comment:

anna said...

we have lots of things in common, should i say this in the open? i would say acknowledging our weaknesses is a great thing; but doing something on our weaknesses is greater (i dont like to sound preachy, because i have lots of weaknesses to work on to). nice entry my dear.