Something aligned…..the date!
As always, no ordinary day for a lady so favored like me. It’s my birthday, that makes today special, very special! I’ve always felt so loved. I’m always amazed with the love I’m getting/receiving from my family, friends from Elementary to College, friends in church and most especially friends from IRRI.
While having coffee I’m thanking my God for today, for another year of His faithfulness. I’m thankful for another morning, another day to celebrate life. Thanking Him for His many blessings….of people who have brought joy, friendship, encouragement, help, enrichment, love, care, a whole lot more….for good health, work and play and especially for blessing me with a loving family.
And because I feel so so blessed I would like to share my blessings. I feel like I’m a celebrity, I want my birthday to be a street kid’s party. So, with the help of DMI feeding program committee and my friends from IRRI, I sponsored a feeding program for the street kids of LB. More than a hundred kids came to celebrate with me. My friends are so thrilled with the activity that they came up with so many ideas to make it ever grand and joyful. They asked for slippers from friends as well, old and new toys to give. They shared their talents in balloon making, face painting, story telling, picture taking, games facilitating and of course service deluxe in feeding the kids. It was a huge success that the feeding program committee named it “Pasko sa Setyembre” (Christmas in September).
I brought my nephews and niece, they too were blessed and thankful for the blessing they are enjoying not like this less fortunate kidos. Hmmmmmm and because it’s a huge success! I think I’m gonna do it yearly! I had fun…it’s a warm hug in a birthday girl’s heart! Thank you everyone =)
As always, no ordinary day for a lady so favored like me. It’s my birthday, that makes today special, very special! I’ve always felt so loved. I’m always amazed with the love I’m getting/receiving from my family, friends from Elementary to College, friends in church and most especially friends from IRRI.
While having coffee I’m thanking my God for today, for another year of His faithfulness. I’m thankful for another morning, another day to celebrate life. Thanking Him for His many blessings….of people who have brought joy, friendship, encouragement, help, enrichment, love, care, a whole lot more….for good health, work and play and especially for blessing me with a loving family.
And because I feel so so blessed I would like to share my blessings. I feel like I’m a celebrity, I want my birthday to be a street kid’s party. So, with the help of DMI feeding program committee and my friends from IRRI, I sponsored a feeding program for the street kids of LB. More than a hundred kids came to celebrate with me. My friends are so thrilled with the activity that they came up with so many ideas to make it ever grand and joyful. They asked for slippers from friends as well, old and new toys to give. They shared their talents in balloon making, face painting, story telling, picture taking, games facilitating and of course service deluxe in feeding the kids. It was a huge success that the feeding program committee named it “Pasko sa Setyembre” (Christmas in September).
I brought my nephews and niece, they too were blessed and thankful for the blessing they are enjoying not like this less fortunate kidos. Hmmmmmm and because it’s a huge success! I think I’m gonna do it yearly! I had fun…it’s a warm hug in a birthday girl’s heart! Thank you everyone =)
thanks gals =)
the party people =)
Ako, 20 September 2009
3 comments:
hey Mary
that's really beautiful. you certainly know how to bring a smile to people's faces - even from across the globe.
have a lovely day.
Gretchen (from Australia)
onga no 09-09-09 heheheh! galeng..!
carry on doing that Mers! you are indeed a blessing to so many!
ang galing yearly na. sensya na di ako nakasama nung time na to. hehe.
Post a Comment