Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fasting-Feasting!

As a tradition in DMI (my family) starting 2 until 11 January of each New Year, we have the 10-day fasting and nightly prayer meetings. For the longest time I only involved myself partially in such tradition. Like I do partial fasting, more of skipping meal, just a meal and not attending each and every night prayer meeting nevertheless something’s change. It could be because this year is the start of the new century or more of I’m inspired by the breakthroughs I saw in my church mates’ lives. So I decided to join the fasting and prayer this year. Actually, I’m not into full fasting coz I still take biscuits, noodles and veggies especially when I have field work. Still, it’s new to me but there’s just so much grace in our fasting this year. For my personal experience, grace is just so abundant. I didn’t experience a shaky flesh due to hunger, less noise of the stomach and the desire for food is not that much. I mean I can join my friends while they are eating and I’m not tempted anymore. It’s like fasting the body but feasting the spirit. Every word from KP’s preaching is no longer just an encouragement; it’s now seeing you in every word. It’s a revelation of who you really are, how God sees you, that’s now your reality. Fasting now is not starving yourself but really feeding it to the fullest, to your heart’s content. Every night is hearing “I am” telling you that “you are” and because He’s “I am” that telling you, you’ll just say “Yes, I am” or because God said “I am” therefore “I will.” I am claiming that 2010 is my year to shine the Christ in me….It’s my time to shine!

Ako, 10 January 2010

No comments: