Monday, September 27, 2010

Funny day

I call today a funny day coz I felt both sad and happy at the same time with the same intensity….if it’s not funny then it’s probably crazy!

Just this afternoon, it dawned on me that Pogs is leaving today. I get sad! I don’t know why even if I’m already prepared for it, still I cried. Yesterday on our last bonding moment we didn’t cry as everyone expected. So I thought probably I won’t cry anymore but I’m wrong coz while doing my e-mail of "habilins" I’m crying. Hayz, I said to myself, “hindi ka na nasanay” but I guess it’s like that. You’ll still cry when somebody leaves even if it’s not for good, even if it’s just for awhile..coz still it's separation. But like in all goodbyes, you’ll get sad for awhile then eventually and naturally you’ll get over it. So, I’m giving myself a week after that I’ll be super OK, I won’t be sad anymore.

Then after crying, I felt sleepy but I can’t go home yet coz I have a birthday celebration with my friends. And it’s because of this party that I feel happy along with being sad. I’m so happy!

I’m happy to celebrate my birthday with the Babols, the Badiks and the Bundokeros. I’m glad they jelled well, as if we’re all long time friends. Happy people surrounding me, celebrating my birthday since I was out the whole week of my birthday. I received a bouquet of flowers, one check on my wish list. And happy that all three of my favorite group though not complete are here having dinner, chatting, videokeing, just spending this wonderful Thursday with me. I’m so touched seeing everyone and I would like to mention them here: I’ll start with my loving family in IRRI, the Babols: Big, Tiny, Icoy, Bing, Omar, and Pogs who drop by before going to the airport. My badminton barkada: Mamajo, Lorie, Tess, partner Epoy, Epoy’s girlfriend Gemma, Dennis, Jelo, and EJ who capture the happy moments with his award-winning camera. And of course my new group, the Bundokeros (not official name though): sisteret Janet, buddy Carina, Sonia, Chrome, Gideon, and Byron. We had fun waiting for the videoke, coz some guest of Café Angelica went singing ahead of us. We made fun of them while we’re waiting for them to finish…oh well that’s our usual activity in the badminton court whenever we get to rest or no available courts to play. Then after waiting for forever, we sang our hearts out. We get a some sort of eviction night for “Videoke Idol” hehe...anybody who can’t sing as well as Gideon will not be included in the next gimmick hehehe. Then we ended the party with a “kulitan” pictorial.

As soon as I reached home, I texted everyone, thanking them and telling them they’re the best =) I’m just glad I have these wonderful people as friends. They’re making life beautiful!


Ako, 16 September 2010

5 comments:

carina said...

ayan! naalala ko ang utang ko pa sayo na coupon. hahaha! :)

Unknown said...

Nagenjoy ako sa bday celeb mo. :) Mabuti na lang mary at nakilala kita...hehehe, napapasaya mo talaga ako! I thank GOD for giving me another sister/friend. :)

Marya said...

From: Asilo, Sonia (IRRI)

Hi Mary! Well written, nabasa ko na din yung sa birthday mo. Im so glad na nakilala kita at napasabit sa grupo nyo J Mas sumaya pa ang buhay ko dahil sayo. =) Mwah!

Marya said...

From: Torollo, Gideon (IRRI)

Wow nman ate Mers...Nweiz, I had a great time with your b.day celebration…TO THE MAX!! Regarding with Pogs; just remember “Para 2 sa iyang kaayuhan og kaugmaon” .....next time ulit..hehehe:) thankzzz

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing! Glad to know that you had a very wonderful birthday celebration! Wow its really a small world, im really surprised to see Sonia in your Bundokeros friends. She's one of my childhood friends in LB, sila mga kalaro ko nung bata pa ako ksama sina Garry if ngbabakasyon ako sa LB. Nagsusulatan pa kmi dati kc wala png txt at email nun eh..he he!