Monday, September 27, 2010

My Beloved’s Day

Today is a great day for a special lady is celebrating her existence. I’m thankful to God that He made her part of my life. We’re kindred spirit! She’s a friend through and through. She’s the one who keeps my sanity intact. She lets me share everything with her. She lets me be myself, with all my quirks and madness but along with accepting who I am she also lets me see who I can become. She never fails to show how much she loves me. I feel very important, cared for, so loved, honored, and appreciated by her. Though we didn’t spend a lot of times together, I never felt far from her. She said I’m a “gem of a friend” I would like to return that to her coz she’s all the more worthy of such. And today as she celebrates her birthday I would like to honor my very dear beloved Merc. She’s a friend for keeps and for sure we’ll be friends even until eternity. I love you Merc! Happy birthday! We hold on no matter what…you’re right! God is a good God and He is always good to us!

The card that I gave you says most of the things I want to say =)

It’s great being friends with you
with friends we don’t need any formal appointment
they’ll leave what they’re doing at the drop of a hat
to lend their support
when we’re faced with a crisis
or meet us somewhere for dessert and a chat.
with friends we can lounge in our casual grungies -
indulge in our quirks without being thought odd,
for friends see and celebrate all our uniqueness –
our deep-down true selves,
not some glitzy facade
with friends there’s no need to soft-pedal opinions
to hide what we feel or explain what we do
How do I know this?
I learned from the best one –
the first, most generous of loyal friends,
You!
Happy birthday!

Ako, 24 September 2010

No comments: