No one whose hope is in You, Lord, will ever be put to shame – Psalm 25:3
Hope is synonymous with trust. The level of our hope depends on that one who we put our trust into. Some put their trust in education, some in wealth, some in their names and there are also some who hope for somebody else. But time and time again we have proven that everything on earth fails, leaving us hopeless and helpless. It’s often at this time that we’ve come to the end of our rope that we see the One handling the rope on the other end is our only hope. It’s when we’ve lost everything to hope for that we turn to God, our only hope.
Hoping against hope.
In my daily walk with the Lord I’ve been struggling many times on this. The trusting, the placing fully of my heart to hope that God will never fail me. Surely, He will never fail me! It was me who always fail, fail to trust, fail to hope. I don’t know, maybe it’s because at times I wanted to run my own life or perhaps I just don’t like God’s timing. Or it’s hard not to do anything and leave God everything.
But hope is tested through time. The strength of our hope and the level of that trust wavers or strengthened through time. Yet it’s not about me! It’s all about the God who will never fail me so long as I put my trust in Him. Although even the trusting, that’s His to cultivate. Sometimes when I’m stubborn, when I can’t help but work my way, I wish that God didn’t give me the will to choose. I sometimes wish that God would just run my life and make me his robot especially when the choices I made were bloopers. But God doesn’t like a blind follower, He just guides me, I’ll do the choosing. Hayz! Life is hard sometime but I’m harder so can’t beat me….or even if life can beat me at times, try my God, He cannot be beaten….don’t trust me, trust Him.
Ako, matagal na ‘to di ko lang tanda when exactly
No comments:
Post a Comment